Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 23, 2011

Snake Season.....

I've lived up in these hills my ENTIRE life and never EVER do I remember having snake issues! NEVER!!

Today, Makynzie, Bear, Bella and I were enjoying ourselves outside, in the nice sunny but overcast not hot weather!

When all of a sudden.......the dogs go crazy barking....I hear a noise, which sounds like the hose that sprang a leak....ugh HELL no, it was NOT a leak!

IT WAS A FRIGGIN SNAKE.......A RATTLESNAKE!!!!




















HELP! HELP! HELP!

"Where's the shovel. Bear, Bella go lay down, Makynzie don't you dare move" I scream over and over again. I'm totally scared, panic is on my face. I tell the snake "Stop rattling, I'm not going to hurt you, I won't let the dogs near you, just please calm down" remind me why the hell I'm talking to this snake like we are friends?!?

I've got the shovel, after I've now cried, screamed and hid out in my car with Kynzie, I think, call DAD! Ugh I'm not going to get out of this car to go get my phone in the house! AHH, another reason I LOVE MY CAR! I grab the keys in the center console, I start the car, "connection complete" I hear. I hit the call button "call dad" calling dad the car replies.

Me in tears, "Dad there is a snake at the corner of the house, can you get Brad's number (the neighbor)." After calling around, I finally call Sven at work, he says let me call Justin - a guy down the road that's a Toyota buddy -

Justin to the rescue! He will NEVER know how grateful I am, that he came and killed this snake. NEVER! I now will be going with Sven out to Grandma Suzie's house to go learn to shoot the 22. I never want this issue again, I felt like a terrible 'mama bear' I couldn't protect anything.

1 comment:

  1. Kellie, it wasn't your fault. You did the right thing to get the dogs and Kynz away from it immediately. You are a WONDERFUL Mama bear! Don't doubt yourself!

    Love, Chels

    ReplyDelete